02 April 2012

Dream

After mum was wheeled into the operating room, I went up to her room to take a nap. I suddenly felt so very, very tired...

I was at the waiting area, I was not alone but with two of my cousins (from dad's side of the family). I was just sitting there waiting, playing with a piece of paper or something.

Suddenly I got up and went to the area where there is a big display board. The name of the patient being operated, what illness, the status of the patient were all displayed on there. (in the real world, there is such a display board, but it shows only the name (partly blanked out) and status of the patient: currently in operation or in recovery room).

In the dream, I saw mum's name. Behind her name in big flashing red letters, "BYPASS SURGERY", "FAILURE", "PATIENT DECEASED".

My heart tore into a thousand pieces, I broke down there and then and began howling, inconsolably howling and crying. So much pain, so much tears! My cousins rushed to hug me, but they could not touch me, for I shrugged them off and was beyond comforting. Mum was gone, and I didn't even say goodbye...

Such powerful emotions...

I woke up in a sweat.

No comments: