20 April 2012

Yellow stains

Couldn't sleep much last night, as mum kept on waking up to use the washroom. At one point, close to five in the morning, she woke me up but it was already too late. I could see her pants were stained yellow. She said she couldn't hold it in.

"Why didn't you wake me up? And don't say it's because you didn't want to wake me up because I'm sleeping!" I was upset, and saddened. Would you not be to see a loved one wet herself? At this stage in her condition, and yet she still has difficulty to ask for help to take care of very basic needs. But I can imagine perhaps she feels very ashamed needing to ask her child for help so much, especially to pee. How a person must feel to gradually lose control of your bladder. Is it chronic incontinence? Or due to the fact that the doctor put mum back on IV drips again after a few day of rest? I noticed that whenever mum is on IV, she needs to go to the washroom a lot, and sometimes it comes very quickly she cannot hold it in...

Nobody should have to wet themselves and wear moist pants to sleep. I told Mum that. How very undignified, how very humiliating. Mum is worth much more than this, much, much more...

No comments: