18 April 2012

Making a start

The large text book I ordered and asked to be forwarded to me by my colleagues finally arrived. I guess before this I had an excuse not to begun studying for an exam that's taking place in 25 days-- just a little over three weeks. but now I have the necessary materials, I need to get cracking.

I made a start this evening. A three hour study session at the dressing table in mum's room at the hospital as she slept. It's just the introductory chapter, one of around ten I still need to cover, but it's a start. There's a lot of materials to cover, and I just hope I can do so before the time runs out and before I head back to Canada to sit my exam.

But in my mind, I'm so preoccupied about taking that long bike-road trip I've been planning and dreaming of, and I'm concerned also with everyone being home now, there won't be a quiet place for me to study... I'm very tempted in some ways to just board a plane and fly home, to the peace and quiet of my own little world, to study...

I'll have to see what I decide to do. But at least I made a start already, and mum looked at me with a lot of pride as I began to read and take notes.

No comments: