31 March 2012

Farewell, Little Rabbit...

I didn't get to see my nephew again before he left this morning, even though I had hoped that my sister-in-law would bring him to at least say goodbye to mum. But my nephew started sniffing earlier this week, so te planned trip was canelled, much to my disappointment.

My sister-in-law showed me pictures of him sitting next to a suitcase as she was packing, and today there was a picture of him at the boarding gate. So cute and lovely, so beautiful and heart-warming it is to see him, even if only a picture of him...

I followed my nephew's departing plane with an application on my phone. It's so strange to think that in that very little red plane is my sister-in-law and my nephew inching bit by bit away from me...

They have almost been back here three months (I have just passed my three months mark...). Where did the time go? How come everyday feels like it is so long and painful to pass for me? Is it terrible to envy them for being able to leave here, while I stay on and on till a date of departure yet unknown?

"Farewell, Little Rabbit..." I wishes him in my heart, "May the winds be with you! And may your mother have a good restful flight!"

Till very soon.

--

On the phone a bit later with my Brother I spoke to my brother. It may be no coincidence that his wife and child are returning to Europe to reunite with him on his birthday.

"Happy birthday," I said to him, "You're very lucky to have a wife and child. Treasure them dearly."

I meant what I said, and he said he understood.

No comments: