26 March 2012

Dream

So many, too many... Just images here and there that jump out now...

I was visiting my old student housing in London with a friend (though in real life I never had a friend like him...). I was just curious and wanted to see where I used to live. The security guy asked me my name, and found a huge package left behind full of things for my friend. They seem to be from an admirable, dozens of packaged food, some kind of egg package with vegetable inside (dreams don't have to make sense...), and there were also very expensive branded bags still in their original packaging...

We walked around the area, all these familiar parks and places I used to wander around by my self in while I was in London... Beautiful memories came back, then suddenly, the scene changed, and my friend was gone. U continued by myself, walked further and further until I came to an old part of town, which seemed like a ghost town... Ancient buildings were abandoned, the mood was eerie, and weather suddenly turned so terrible...

Another dream... I was with a friend, the person I went on a date with many years ago and have somehow recently reconnected to some extent. At the time when we met, it was unclear where we were going, but even then there were mutual feelings of some kind. But within a few months I began a new life abroad and nothing ever developed...

In the dream I was somewhere in the countryside with him, and we were walking side by side. Just talking, laughing and enjoying one anothers company. There was an intense attraction, and at one point I hugged him around the waist totally unexpectedly. I know it was me who made the initial move, but I felt very embarrassed and guilty afterwards, especially as he leaned in close to try to kiss me. I pulled back and said I can't. "I have someone already..."
That someone, in the dream, was my ex. For I saw his face in my dream, and that made me feel so guilty.

In yet another dream, one perhaps which does not take too much interpretation, I was in hospital with mum. She looked so sickly from afar, in much worse shape than she is in now. I walked in closer, and saw she had become so much thinner, her eyes were sunk deep into their sockets, her face so dry and so rough, her skin so unclean, her clothes seemingly unchanged for a long time... In one of her nostrils, there was a feeding tube sticking out (one very much like the one she is about to have inserted...)
She opened her eyes as I approached. It then then I saw she could not move. She was in a vegetative state... My heart broke seeing her like this. She said something so frailly I could not really catch her words. But I knew what she meant somehow. I think I've always known. Slowly I pulled the long, long feeding tube out of her nose...




So many dreams, so disturbed my sleep!

No comments: