20 June 2012

Visit

I didn't know how to ask, because in all honesty it's more like a request. And I was afraid it would be declined. But I have been thinking of asking the monk who lives in the mountains to come see mum. And I finally did it just now.

Mum didn't ask for him. But I think she would be very touched if she could see him again. The monk said yes. I kept on thanking him, and was moved to tears...

He will need to see how to arrange to visit, because it's not convenient for him to travel, and he needs an attendant. I am also aware that coming to see mum would be an emotional experience, for his closest disciple passed away only three year ago and also due to cancer, so seeing mum in her current state of health would perhaps evoke painful memories. In fact, when I mentioned mum was sleeping a lot, the monk said that was the same with his disciple in those final days...

It still has to be seen when and whether he can make it. But I know his visit and his presence would bring mum great comfort. And I am moved to tears just thinking about it...

No comments: