19 June 2012

More DVDs!

In the pouring rain (a new typhoon is headed this way!) I ran to the department store. I knew what I wanted, but the question is whether they are available.

Following the successful showing of the travel DVDs on Canada, I thought it would be great if mum could watch more DVDs on other countries she been to. The Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Japan... So many places she enjoys visiting, and I am sure she would love to see again.

I went to the store and looked around.I find only a few DVDs with scenery and classical music, but only for switzerland and Hokkaido (Japan). I found two more DVDs on deep sea marine life and the universe, also set to music, and I thought mum might enjoy those too.

During dinner, we watch the DVD on switzerland. Beautiful colours and sceneries of mountains and lakes, castles and little medieval towns. I saw mum's face brighten up, and that made me smile. She is reliving memories and I hope also reminding herself that she has seen and done so much in her life...

No comments: