11 June 2012

Tokyo Tower


110612.2046

On top of the Tokyo Tower. I almost cried when I saw it glowing at a distance. My dream to visit it finally came true. My dream to walk around its base was realised...

Why is this visit so symbolic? The tower stands not just as the symbol of a nation and a city, but it features prominently in the movie "Tokyo Tower: Mom and me, and sometimes dad"-- a movie I have yet to watch, but a movie I need to watch to process a lot of the emotions and experiences I have had and am about to undergo in the coming period.

This beautiful tower, which stands so tall and brave shines like beacon in this massive sprawl of glass, concrete and steel teeming with activity and life.

As mum is getting weaker and throwing up more at the hospice ward, being here touches a deep chord of my heart and makes my spine tingle...



No comments: