13 June 2012

Brother tearing

130612.1020

I saw him turn away for a few moments. I wasn't sure until he wiped the corner of his eyes. And when he turned back and tried to force a smile, I saw his eyes were moist and red.

What made him cry? Has brother been crying silently while I was away? He had just come to the hospital from home, where he slept. He found us on the rooftop garden. I was crouching next to mum, smiling I believe, and asking her what she would like for lunch. I proposed to go home and cook some fish soup and vegetables. Was that what made brother cry? Or perhaps the fact that I am finally back again, that I made it home, and that all that worry and fear of not making it back on time have been allayed made him cry?

It doesn't really matter what the reason was. What matters is that we are together as a family, and we will be together till the very end.

No comments: