29 February 2012

Return to TVG

As I was in the hospital doing my physical examination, at the other end of town, mum went back to see the young neurosurgeon who operated on her. I couldn't go with her, but for some reason the guy actually asked mum about me and whether I went back to Canada.

The doctor was very surprised to see mum in the state she is in. The surgery was a success, and before leaving hospital towards the end of January, mum was making steady progress in recovering. But the bouts of vomiting, plus the lack of physical exercise and poor quality of sleep has serious drained mum's reserves. She is perhaps as sickly, if not more so, than that first week after her surgery...

The neurosurgeon recommended that mum re-check into the hospital for observation. Though mum resisted before, when the ER doctor wanted to keep her in hospital, this time, coming from the neurosurgeon whom she trusts, she agreed.

I just got a call from the Taipei Veterans General (TVG) hospital to say they found a bed for her, and asked her to check in this afternoon. Not sure what will happen in the next few days or so, but my plan to go biking has to be postponed yet again. Mum told me to go anyways, she knows I need it. I know I need it too. But I cannot just go off on my own while she's in hospital an vomiting severely.

The bike, the towns, the ocean and mountains can all wait...

No comments: