27 February 2012

Food glorious food...

Just had my last bowl of clear soup at the hospital, and a bottle of orange juice. For the next 20hours or so I cannot eat or drink anything except water.

I have to take a sodium solution to flush out everything in my intestines and stomach. The last two days I've had to limit myself to a low fibre diet, meaning no dark veggies and vegetable stalks, no dairy, only steamed egg, low grease foods and simple rice or noodles. To be honest, the doctor told me to go on a "bland diet", but my diet is already pretty bland, so I've not needed to make any big changes and forgo anything, such as red meat. Today I had to switch to a liquid diet, and the whole day I've been with mum I've been buying clear soup and juices to fill myself up.

I do feel peckish, and a little weak and tired, and for some reason am craving fried junk food and a burger! I'll give to wait till tomorrow to really indulge.

It's times like this that you appreciate what most of us take for granted: eating and drinking at will, and not thinking too much about what we put into our bodies and what we put our bodies through. Especially seeing mum being unable to eat and being so frail from not eating, I have to count my blessings and take much better care of my body and myself...

I cannot fall ill, I cannot fall ill...

No comments: