28 February 2012

Vomit...

Just as I was about to lie down, I heard the hot water machine turn on. From experience, I've come to know that that sound is occurs either when mum is using the shower or flushing the toilet. And it must be the latter, at a quarter past midnight.

I rushed to her bedroom, and even before I entered I heard the sound of vomiting. She heard my footsteps: "Don't come closer..." But of course I disregarded her remark, and bent down to her level and patted her back as she vomited again over the toilet bowl. This is very serious... The one day stay at the ER yesterday helped, and she did not vomit again last night. But today she is vomiting again (she actually lied to me when I asked her whether she vomited or not during the day today. I was out at the hospital myself, so I couldn't tell... She later admitted that she did vomit when I asked her again just now.)

She lay down to rest again, the shock of vomiting can be very tiring. I patted her back in an attempt to make her feel comfortable. And it was then that I noticed again how thin, how frail she has become... I patted her shoulder blade, and it is really just a protruding piece of bone, which reminds me a lot like a piece of folded chicken wing... I patted her back, and it was a hollow echo... Her arm has become a soft, limp lump of thinness and bone.

What... what has my mum become over the past few weeks? Did I not take good enough care of her?
Where will she find the reserve to fight if something comes back again...?

To think just this time last year, she was around my weight. And within a year, she has dropped about ten kilograms.

It is heart-renderingly awful to think that...


UPDATE: 29-02-2012
Mum weighs 48kg now, a drop of around 16 kilograms compared to last year... Terrifying.

No comments: