25 February 2012

Blog for a cure

Ever since I joined the online community of cancer warriors and their loved ones, I have been reading about other people's struggles and intimate, touching stories. It really has helped me in a way, especially in knowing that there are others out there who can understand. When there is no one I can turn to, not even friends, not even my ex who just breaks down and cries, these people on the internet whom I've never ever met really are a source of support.

I am touched by their stories. And every day almost there are sad ones about a warrior losing the greatest battle of his/her life. The last blog entry is usually written by  a family member, or sometimes the webmaster. And several of them moved me to tears... So much struggle, so much suffering, and in the end, the person is taken away. The latest one, a lady just three years older, a mother of three young children, wife of the love of her life... So merciless is cancer! So cruel!

One day, I know, one day it will be my turn to write that difficult entry... And everything I am doing, every event I am noting down, every word I am writing down is hopefully going to make that process and that final moment all the more easier.

No comments: