21 November 2011

draft thesis (almost) complete

There are still bits missing. The beginning and the end, but at least after almost two years of working on it on and off for two years, I'm almost done with my current masters thesis.

Yesterday/today, I worked on it almost twelve hours straight, from 5 in the afternoon to a little before six in the morning. I know if I put my heart and mind to something I can accomplish a lot. And I proved to myself that that is true. And it's been such a long long time since I had such a sense of "achievement" (even though I know I'm not quite done yet...).

I felt proud seeing all those pages of words, some 37000 in the body and some 20000+ in the footnotes! I'm sure there are probably lots of typos and glaring mistakes, but that can all be improved on in the coming weeks before I submit. I'll need to send a copy to my supervisor, who's been waiting patiently for me to finish.

But first I must share the news with someone who matters, someone who's been behind me and supporting my on and off endeavours to finish my thesis, and thereby degree.

My mum.






No comments: