01 November 2011

A dream

I opened my email today, and there was an email about a dream. Not my dream, but a dear friend's dream. She dreamt of me last night. She saw me sitting in front of my laptop, stressed, really stressed out. At one point she gave me a hug and held me close, and I began to cry on her shoulder. She could feel the immense weight of sadness on my shoulder, she wrote, and she too began to cry. There was just so much sadness...

Her words touched me so, moving me to tears. What a great way to start a  new day...!

Indeed, there is so much sadness in me right now, so much I cannot begin to describe how I feel. Feelings of loss, feelings of being left on the edge and not knowing what is happening, feelings of such helplessness that has been worsened by the poor quality of sleep I have been getting....

And somehow, she felt it, even though we have not been in touch, even though we are so far apart. Sometimes, there are such bonds that are so special, that transcend space and description. How could she feel my pain? How could she know how deeply I am hurting inside? "It's going to be alright" she wrote.

It's going to be alright...

It has to be alright.

No comments: