31 October 2011

Surrender...


I called mum, who was just on the verge of going to the hospital.
It's an important day, 1 November. It's the day she gets to hear whether the latest treatment has helped. If not, then there has to be a new drug. But how many drugs are there left to try? How much more drugs can mum take...?

She sounded 'normal', and kept on telling me not to worry about her. Her appointment with her main physician is in the morning. I will go to bed, wake up in the morning, and a lot will have happened with mum... I will think of her, pray for her. I will imagine I am next to her, watching over her, holding her hand...



Can I fall asleep and sleep well tonight? It feels like it's been such a long time since I last slept, really slept without being tormented by nightmares and agonising thoughts and agitations...

No comments: