12 May 2011

Wake up

Suddenly, as if there were a clock ticking inside of me, I woke up at five in the morning without thinking, even though o had gone to bed little more than four hours earlier. In Taiwan, it was exactly twelve hours later, five in the afternoon, and from what mum told me she should have been done with her new radiotherapy by now.

I called an the phone rang a few times before she picked up. She was at first worried and wondering what I was doing up at this hour. But later she was touched that I was concerned about how she was doing, and I told her I woke up because ( and it is partly true) I needed to use the washroom.

"I'm fine," she said, much to my relief, " Really like the doctor said u didn't feel anything, except perhaps a little tingling around the C7 section of the spine. It lasted no more than ten minutes, perhaps eight. And I think it I beginning to help, as I don't feel much sores and pains around the neck as I did before".

I was so happy to hear that, ti hear that she was well, or at least sounded well. "I'm glad to do this, because it'll reduce the swelling of the tumour and relieve some strains on the nerves. It'll prepare me to go on the big trip soon!" I was glad her mind and energy is focused in something positive, something at the end of it all, so that this upcoming trip can somehow pull her through....

Pull her through the eleven more sessions of radiotherapy to follow, pull her through whatever discomforts and sideeffects she may yet experience, pull her through all she has to feel and experience by herself, because no one is next to her when she goes to do treatment everyday for the next dozen of days...

Be strong, mum, I am thinking of you, praying for you, in my waking and sleeping moments...

No comments: