12 May 2011

Home

I don't know what came over me... One moment I was sitting in the library working, the next moment, as the tune of a Taiwanese song echoed in my ears, I could feel the tears heavy and ready to drop.

On my way to the washroom, the voices and words flowed and drew tears from my eyes... The song was is about the mountains and oceans of Taiwan, the hardwork of our foreparents, the love and care they nurtured and provide for the next generation...

As I cried in the washroom stall, I was so torn by my emotions, so weighed down by guilt and indecision... Should I leave, or should I stay? Do I continue with my happy life here, or do I catch the next plane home, to be with my mum as she enters another critical stagen in her treatment...?

The mountains, the birds, the oceans, the trees, the sweat and years of the ancestors echoed in my ears, and touched my heart...

No comments: