01 July 2012

Presence

"I can feel there is a presence here," my cousin's wife said. She has always had a sensitivity for things you cannot see with your naked eye. She has a "feel" for these things.

"I felt something as soon as I walked through the door. Your mum is here, here at home," she said. I did not feel afraid. Instead, I felt comforted. Perhaps she is watching me, or even sitting next to me, as I type these words on the dining table! "There is a warm and very peaceful feeling here in this house."

I smiled, and eyed mum's altar. Since last night, I have put up lots of pictures of mum all over the altar, and on a wall I have put up pictures of places she has been to and pictures of nature. In a way, to symbolise the return to nature, from we all come and shall one day return to. Mum (and dad) have already led the way...


No comments: