02 July 2012

Beset by dreams


Took a little nap in the morning, just after talking to my ex for a little while. As always, it feels nice to talk to him, to joke and talk like we've always managed to.

I fell asleep, but was disturbed by a number of dreams, of which i can only remember one, the last one.

I was traveling with my ex (who is my boyfriend in the dream) somewhere most likely in Vancouver or thereabouts. We checked into a hotel room, and I was busy unpacking and getting ready to go out. I prepared a number of little surprises for him, and headed out the door.

I saw him the corridor. He was shocked to see me, shocked and speechless. I turned around, and there was the other boy. I've never me him in real life, and in the dream it was the first time we met. He too looked shocked. it was clear they were prepared to go out together, but were caught in the act by me.

Momentarily I was calm, and extended my hand to introduce myself. My ex just stood there, frozen and speechless. The boy, looking so awkward around the corridor, did not say anything either.

"No need to say anything..." I said, smiling. But deep down inside, my heart was shattering from the deepest feeling betrayal I have ever experienced. I turned and walked away, did not look at my ex. I was hurting so bad, so terribly bad.

"Enjoy yourselves," i said bitterly. And I turned to walk away....

No comments: