02 June 2012

Shopping

Was walking around a department store with a friend, and I wandered in the corridors. I came the the women's section, and a sight stopped me in my thoughts.

I saw mum standing there in my mind, browsing through the racks. I used to watch her do that as a child. Not that I loved the experience, but it was not a painful experience. But we spent many hours shopping or just walking around the stores, me playing or hiding between the clothes as mum shopped.

Last year, when mum came to visit, I took her to the same department store, and we walked around for a while. She was looking for a summer dress to wear to a dinner with all my friends in montreal. I saw that scene just now, saw her standing there, saw myself watching her as she picked out her dress.

But it's all in my mind, all in my memories... What saddened me the most is that it is almost certain now there will no longer be an opportunity when I can go shopping with mum again.

No comments: