14 April 2012

Youth

"You are only young once. Don't let your youth go by..."

Someone told me that before. I never really thought about it until today when A character in a movie said it. And it somehow struck me, and made me wonder...

Will I one day wake up and feel so angry and bitter that I've let my youth go by? Will I one day wake up angry and bitter that I've spent so much of my youth dreaming and longing, but let the days and years go by? Will I one day wake up angry and bitter that I've spent so much time at my mother's side and not out enjoying myself and living my own life?

I hope I will not be bitter and angry, that I can look back and smile and have no regrets.

I hope one day someone I love can tell me "You have lived a full youth, you have done so much in your youth you should be proud of..."

No comments: