11 April 2012

Home alone...

Mum has not been home for three weeks now, in fact I don't think she left the eleventh floor in all that time...

I come home every day, sometimes just for a quick shower, sometimes to just nape a few hours. Sitting here tonight working, it dawned on me how quiet it is here, how very empty this house is without mum here... I know my brain thinks too much, but this is how it feels like, isn't it? This is the feeling when mum is no longer around...

Emptiness yet surrounded by mum's belongings, mum's clothes, mum's everything in her life. She will come back home sometime, I just don't know when.

But there will be a day when she will leave this home permanently, and there will be a day when she will no longer return, and that I will have to get used to this emptiness at home.

No comments: