12 April 2012

Diarrhea

I went to see mum as soon as I submitted my thesis, and it was already past noon.

She was using the mobile toilet when I walked in, so I waited behind the curtain for her to be done. The carer helped her back onto her bed, and I saw mum for the first time today. She looked so tired, so very tired, and in worse shape than even before the surgery.

"Eight times diarrhea last night..." mum said weakly. She lay there, her body, arms and legs mangled in a twist. It's good that she can drink liquid foods, but it a lot of it just comes right out, then how much of it is absorbed?

I sat on her bed and massaged her feet and her hands. "It's been so hard on you..." I said. First so much vomiting, then so much waiting in the hospital for surgery, and now diarrhea... When will it stop? When can mum go home again...?

No comments: