16 March 2012

Fading

16032012.1134

Mum is so weak she can barely stand, and I can barely understand her when she speaks. Today I had to help her take off her hooded top, for she seemed batty able to muster the energy to take it off herself.
It is her wish to stay at home, where she is more comfortable while we wait for a hospital bed to free up. How long we have to wait, I'm not sure, but in any case the procedure cannot be done until the week after, ten days or so from now at the earliest.

I asked her if that is her wish, and it is. She is only satisfied if the renowned surgeon operates on her, and said she is willing to wait for him to return (I suspect from holidays, but I'm not sure). She said she has been waiting for so long to see him, two weeks almost to make an appointment, so another week or so will not make a difference.

Will it?

No comments: