15 March 2012

Be prepared

Be prepared

"Your mum came too late..." The lady told me. All those drugs and medicine she has been taking have completely covered her organs that they don't function any more. The last five days of chantings every single morning can only help her a little. She has to be responsible for her health and happiness. She has to be willing to believe she will be better.

"You can only do your best as a child, and leave the rest to the heavens," she said to me as I put on my jacket to leave. Send positive thoughts to her, silently give her your wishes and blessings, silently ask her spirit to chant with you, she told me.

"You have to be prepared..."

Was there a veiled caution? Does she know something I don't know but may know very soon? Again, the Taiwanese language is one that thrives on ambiguity.

Prepared for losing her... Prepared for losing the one last thing that is dear to my heart, dear to my life, dear to my very being.

No comments: