09 September 2011

new day

Struggling hard to contain myself and my emotions, I pick myself up and brace myself for the day ahead. Put on a brave face, i tell
myself, and it'll soon all pass....

I head into metro and I see... A crippled man on crutches struggling hard up the stairs... A woman wearing a thin head scarf in the middle of a hot day. She had such a pale, pale complexion, her face was so thinned and fragile, her hairline nowhere to be seen, her arms brittle and bony... And across from me is an elderly woman with deep imprints of life on her face, wrinkles and sadness scrawled all over her face... Three different lives, but in common is their 'shared' sense of loneliness, suffering

I turn away and close my eyes, and swallow the pain of seeing people in pain, and my mind drifts, drifts to my mother far, far away...

No comments: