26 January 2011

Wedding...?

One day before the engagement, and two days before the actual wedding, it seems plans may become upset.

Details are scarce, and things are still developing, but in the worst case scenario, it could all be called off by the mother-in-law (to be?). Not going into details now, because it's all very complicated and personal, but it's to do with family issues on the other side of the family. Mum still has no clue, as things developed shortly after she went to bed last night, and brother and I have not told her any thing, for fear of upsetting her.

My sister-in-law was on the phone till late last night, hysterical and crying as my brother tried to comfort her. I've never seen him so caring, so 'soft' and so understanding and patient. I told him, whatever happens, the engagement and wedding is just a ceremony; you still have one another.

The engagement is in another city in less than 24hrs, but it's still unsure whether it will take place. I think the sister-in-law is trying to negotiate some kind of compromise or agreement, trying to salvage all the efforts and time put into the preparation. But I'm not sure what is happening, or if anything is happening...

No comments: