23 January 2011

First impressions

Back home, feeling somewhat tired from the trip. I did not sleep at all, instead, looked out the window of the plane a while, admired the changing colours as the sun retired for the day. And I started to write a few things, in my diary, for this blog too.

I quickly made my way home, and within one and a half hours of landing I was home again. I gave mum a hug, she appeared a little tired, but looked more or less the same. I did notice that there was hair on the floor, and she tried to sweep the strands away to make room for me to sleep on.

Brother is now home, and I too greeted him with a hug. "It's been a long time," I said, and patted him on the back. Indeed, it's been a long time since we spoke or saw one another, and many things have changed since. He looked the same too, and seemed to look happier. On the table was the menu and the wine list for the upcoming wedding on Saturday.

Need to wake up early in the morning to go see dad. And later in the afternoon, another visit to the hospital with mum. Back to life here in Taipei.

No comments: