23 April 2012

Preparation

Every morning I see them. Patients coming to be picked up in special beds that originate from the operating department on the third floor if TVG. The beds come with special orderlies who wear a purple top, and the patients are covered under a thick light green blanket.

Everyday I see a scene like that, I'm reminded of that day when they came for my mum. An anxious day, an anxious few hours of waiting outside the operating area, hoping and praying. I'm sure with every patient that is about to be wheeled to the third floor is a whole host of people who are going to be anxiously hoping and praying too...

Every time I see this scene, I try to take a good look at the patient and flash them with a smile. Silently, deep inside I wish the patient a successful operation and a speedy recovery. For for many the journey down to the third floor on that special hospital bed and under that thick light green blanket is just the beginning of a long process...

No comments: