19 November 2011

"I am here for you"

Just got another email from a friend living far away.

I'm not sure how she sensed what difficult period I am going through, what emotional mess I'm in right now, especially as we've not been in touch for a long time. But reading her short but very touching note made my heart warm and well up with emotions. I don't know how how she seems to know how I am feeling deep down inside, but her words reassured me that  even in the face of adverse conditions, even in the face so much uncertainty and things falling apart in my life, I can pull through. Pull through and be the strong, determined and capable person she has always known me to be-- the person she is so proud  of knowing, so proud to have befriended.  But little does she know how precious she in my life, and how she has pushed and helped me in so many ways. Even to this day, from far, far away...

"You are helping her more than you could possibly imagine. Your love for her is [...] helping her through her pain and suffering" she wrote. And at the end: "Do not forget to take good care of yourself, too."

That's what I do too rarely, and I really must take more care of myself.

No comments: