22 September 2011

Piercing through

I packed my bags, and went for a jog to destress. Chances are, in the coming two weeks or so I won't get much opportunity to really exercise. And, the earlier bouts of crying today, coupled with the last-minute rush to finish covering all the essential readings for my upcoming exam, I needed to breathe, breathe and breathe deep.

It had just rained, and the sun was breaking through. I jogged down my street, suburbia with mowed lawns, white picket faces and wondering cats. And something caught my eye...

A shock of red  adorning a tree. Others have not yet put on such crimson blush, not yet, but this one tree was brave and bold. I continued jogging, but could not keep my eyes off of the redness, the bright redness that seem to shine and glimmer.

Through the park I jogged, and it was beautiful. The rain dampened the world, and left a thin, thin veil of mist floating like free clouds just above the wet grass fields. The forest looked enchanting, like an inviting and mysterious unknown waiting to be explored. And the sun's rays pierced through, sending curtains of light shooting through the crevices between  trees and the still dense foliage. I was reminded of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets I experienced last year at the monastery, and am looking forward to seeing many more...

After the rain, the world feels cleansed and refreshed, untainted and pure again. All the haze of the brewing rain, all the dust of the oppressive heat early have now vanished. And what is left behind is a tranquil peace, a tranquil scene, and a temporarily tranquiled mind that admired and treasured that beautiful moment in the forest...

No comments: