13 August 2011

"Tonight, love is in your eyes"

 We went to an open air concert together, a cool evening in the middle of Summer, stood on a grass field surrounded by a faceless crowd. The singer, a renowned Quebecois singer from the eighties, sang...

For a few moments, there was but the singer on stage, the music, and my friend next to me.

As rudimentary as my French is, I could understand the lyrics. The words spoke to me, and my body swayed  with the melody.

"Tonight love is in your eyes, 
But tomorrow morning will you love me a little?
Tonight love is in your voice, 
But tomorrow morning will you think of me? "

I stole a  glance at him, and wondered whether the words too spoke to him. There was an awkward silence, or so it felt, as we both stood and swayed our bodies slowly to the sweet, bitter, bitter sweet, melody and words.  He turned to me and said that the song was sombre. I smiled lightly, and said nothing.



The very night, we made passionate love, and were so into one another's bodies. He even whispered to me that everytime touching me feels like the first time... The passion, the dizzying romance, the slow yet building climax was so intense, so difficult, so very difficult to resist...

No comments: