08 August 2011

Father's Day

While working today, I glanced at the calendar and realised: it's the 8th of August, or "Ba-ba Day" (Father's Day).

For a moment, I remembered what I used to do since my childhood, but stopped doing three years ago. I used to write to dad every year. Little cards, little messages telling him how much I appreciate him, how much I appreciate his presence in my life. Little cards, little messages that told him I care about his wellbeing, and that I love him for all that he has done, for all the sacrifices he has made throughout the years. 

Then, I could not control my tears. I could not control the sudden sadness that welled up within me...

I looked back, and saw a beautiful text I found online a couple of years ago. I read it again, and was overwhelmed that dad is no longer around, saddened I cannot give him the love and care I have received from him in so many ways.

I miss you still very deeply, dad...

I really do.


(Afscheid nemen bestaat niet...)

"Come as the wind that you feel, and the rain, 
Follow what you do as the light of the moon, 
Find me in everything then you will come across me.
Whisper my name, 
And I will be there...


See, what is invisible,
What you believe is true, 
Just open your eyes, 
And I will be with you.
All you have to do

Is believe my word

...Bidding farewell does not exist.

Look in the sky,
Look to the sea,
Wherever you shall walk, yes, I walk with you.
Every step and every moment,
Wherever you may be!"


No comments: