09 August 2011

Home again

Just came home, back to my little home, back to my little cat. It felt so quiet, so still...

Fixing myself a meal, I find myself wondering what I should eat. There is plenty of food in the fridge, but I just feel like throwing everything in one big pot and cooking it, regardless of whether it tastes good or not. It is hard sometimes to get the energy to do something for yourself.

Somehow, I just feel so fatigued. The feelings will go away, they sure will. I guess there are a combination of reasons for my fatigue... the day began with a long (and difficult) chat with a colleague about health and life,  worked a bit on my thesis, long walk with friends. And then late afternoon, I saw mum leave on the plane (indirectly, on a picture)....

Now that I'm home, the first thing I had to do was turn on the radio. In this somewhat vulnerable frame of mind, I cannot stand the silence, for it eats my mind, draws out the loneliness and emptiness that is brewing. The music, the songs and lyrics will hopefully fight those creeping feelings  (this one happens to be playing now...).



I hope I can sleep well tonight, and not be disturbed by dreams and my overwhelming, restless and overactive mind again...

No comments: