27 August 2011

Eulogy for Jack

The emotional down I experienced earlier today came pouring out again as I watched this eulogy from the children of Jack Layton to remember a simple man I never personally knew, who stood "for a world that would be more just, that would be more civil"...

Such heart-felt words and emotions in remembrance of a loving, caring dad who despite being famous and busy, made time for his children and grandchildren. That is just beautiful and extremely touching.
The children seem so composed, so together, and even made jokes and fun of their late dad... But behind the brave smiles, the red eyes, must lie a level of loss and hurt that is immeasurable and so very difficult to overcome..

Hallelujah


"I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah"

No comments: