08 June 2013

It's not easy...

A friend called me and told me about this event he attended the night before. He said it deeply affected him.

He was invited to volunteer at a charity event. Only when he got there did he realise it was a cancer charity which organised a fundraiser event and vigil for patients, survivors and the recently deceased. The event lasted the whole night, and there was a walk. Some walked a few hours, others walked the whole night till morning. "Cancer does not sleep when you do..." the motto went.

He called me to say how deeply moved he was, and how he woke up feeling depressed from the night before. "Cancer is not easy to face..." he told me.

I know. Cancer is not easy to face, and very difficult to process. Even when a year after you lose someone dear.

No comments: