04 January 2013

Only love

 I heard this song in my head when I was drifting in and out of consciousness... The last time I played the song was the day before mum's funeral. I never played it since. The memories of those days, preparing for mum's funeral and the visit of my ex, I seem to have left behind me...

Until this afternoon, when my own mind conjured up the tune and the lyrics...
Then, listening to the words again on the internet, I realised the "other" meaning of the song. It reflects not just the loss of a dear one, but the also a loss of a lover.

Here, I am, sitting here , longing and thinking of two people who have been in my life... Where are they now...? Where are they now?


"Only love can make a memory
Only love can make a moment last.
You were there
And all the world was young
And all its songs unsung,
And I remember you then,
When love was all,
All you were living for,
And how you gave that love to me.

Only then I felt my heart was free,
I was part of you and you were all of me.
Warm were the days and the nights of those years,
Painted in colors to outshine the sun.
All of the words and the dreams and the tears
Live in my remembrance. "


No comments: