31 December 2012

Happy new year


New Year's Eve. Alone at this very moment in some foreign room in the middle of nowhere. Hiding. Hiding from what? Hurt? The past? Confrontation? Hiding so I don't have to hurt anymore than I have been over the course of this year? I can't hide forever. Why do I have to hide while someone else seems to be oblivious to the pain I feel inside?

It's been a tough year. Tough doesn't quite describe it. After seemingly endless days and nights of watching mum suffer, she left this world, left this void in me. I struggle to cope, and am slowly recovering, but it'll take time and support. Brother has his family and his life. I called them at a time I knew my nephew would still be awake. It was so touching to see them, to see my nephew sitting on the sofa and waiting for his nightly ice cream... I almost cried seeing how happy they are. Almost cried because I could not tell them how I suddenly ran out of my own home and am now in hiding...

 I should count my blessings for I have my health, I have means, an education, a job, a future. But I have tears too.

Loss. Pain. Sorrow. Images. Memories. Angry exchanges with my ex. Mum's last words to me as she gasped for breath. Moments of intimacy and longings that feel so surreal and distant now. Holding mum's hand and smiling at her to soothe her pain, but crying deep down inside. My mind is tortured, restless and so emotional. On top of it all, I feel this Terrible fatigue from having slept so poorly and so little ever since I ran away from home two days earlier. My heart aches with loneliness and longing. Where is the calm and peace I found during my travels barely a month ago?

I should not wallow in self pity. This is the lot of my life. Perhaps this is the karma I must experience and reap from what evil deeds I have done. But I really have given myself to those I love dearly, those I love dearer than myself... In the end, nothing is mine, nothing I really own. Everything falls apart, everyone leaves and fades away.

New Year's Eve. A year is ending, another about to begin.

May I have a happy new year? Dare I even wish that? All I want is calm, some peace, a dear one who is truthful to me, who can give me the affection and love I have so longed for.
Maybe this is all too much to ask for.

Mum, I'm sorry that you must see me in such sorry state. I promised you I'd be strong and make you proud. But I seem to have failed my promises to you, seem to have been propelled to the depths of despair and to some foreign place...

Happy new year.
May I be happy, may I have some semblance of peace. For once, I wish for something for myself, for once I need to be selfish and ask for some semblance of happiness and peace too...

Happy new year.
May the world be at peace, may all beings be at ease.
May my family, my friends, and most of all my ex, be  truly happy and free... 

No comments: