26 December 2012

Snowstorm


I've almost forgotten what it's like to deal with snow. It's been over a year since I've had to deal with real Canadian winter. And I've not really had to live throughout winter since I came to Canada four years ago. Last year, just as winter was approaching, I was suddenly called home...

The snow is beautiful, at least from a far. But when you are knee deep in it, it fills your socks, wets the ends of your trousers and gets in your face and ears, chilling every uncovered bit of your body. I left the house, thinking I'd already shoveled snow an hour or two earlier. But within that time, all trace of my earlier effort was subsumed by almost a metre of snow... Winter can be harsh, and the snow storm knows at times no end.

But when you're at home, looking out the window, and lying in bed with another person, winter does not seem so harsh anymore...

No comments: