12 August 2013

Self absorbed...

How have I become so consumed in my own little world not to care or want to care about other things and people around me?

How is it that I am so aborbed by my own emotions and grief that I have no will or energy to care about people and things that were once so dear to me?

What's wrong with me?
I feel so horrible after speaking to my ex, whose sister was admitted to hospital the other day. I said I'd want to be there to listen to him talk about things, but I was never available. It upset him, and the episode reminded me again of what a terribly selfish person I have become...

What is more important than being there for someone? Being there for  a friend who wishes to talk and share his deepest feelings? There's no reason, no excuse...

I feel so sick after our conversation... I meant to study for my upcoming exam, but I've lost that drive and will now.

It;s horrible trying to move forward with life, trying to pick up the pieces after grief and after an emotion-filled trip. Something like this just reminds me of what a failure I am, and how I am failng my friends by being so detached and absent.... failing myself and my promises to be a  better and more loving, more lovable person...

I;m so sorry.....

No comments: