15 August 2013

Evidence...

It's been a week almost since I started studying, and I thought I would have over 10 days to study what are relatively short topics. But I am as yet far from finishing one topic... Evidence.

The past few days my studying has been gruesomely slow, and my sleep rather disturbed. I never imagined or considered it. But the law of evidence is laden with heavy cases, many of which deal with sexual and child abuse. Harrowing to read, and painful to digest...

There are many moments I just have to put down my pen and stop reading. Because it's hard enough to get to the gist of the law and unearth the principles I should know, but even harder when the facts and cases deal with something that trigger a raw, personal nerve.

More and more it is unlikely I'll be able to study for and take the second exam, which I've not even touched upon, and a topic which I heard is especially challenging (despite it being thinner to read up  on...) I don't like to give up or admit defeat, it's a big blow to my self esteem, especially at a time I'm trying to recover my self-esteem and build up confidence. But there may be times I must be realistic with myself: I simply cannot face this without breaking myself mentally and physically. And I only just realised at this point, far too late, that parts of the topics to be covered are going to be extremely difficult to digest personally...

No comments: