01 August 2013

Death of grandma...

 Grandma (dad's mum...) was probably the kindness and most selfless person I knew for the longest time growing up. I spent so many summers with her, sitting by her side while she looked out the front door and welcomed passerby into her home for a drink on a hot day... I spent so many hours with her, sitting by her side at the hospital while she underwent dialysis...

I saw her in my dream just now, at her deathbed. Though I wasn't actually there (my mum was... She rushed back to Taiwan the very next morning after receiving a phone call late at night... I remember it was on a Swiss Air Asia flight, at the time an MD-11... 

In the dream we (my mum and auntie) clambered up the stairs at my auntie's place to get to the third floor bedroom (where dad and I used to stay whenever we visited his side of the family in his hometown...) to see her, for one last look. She's looked so thin, and was in great discomfort and pain (she died of liver disease...)

I cried and shed so many tears as I rushed up the stairs... I tried hard not to howl, not to many any noises while crying... So vivid the dream... So real, too real...

I woke up crying.

No comments: