10 January 2013

Leaving

I looked up and saw him rub his eyes, his reddened and moist eyes. Momentarily, he buried his face with his hands. The  metro pulled onto the platform, a gush of wind nearly swept me off of my feet. Dizzy, feeling nauseous and the saltiness of recently dried tears on my cheeks, I watched him stand there overlooking the crowd and tracks below. Perhaps from high up there, one gets a better perspective of people and circumstances.

I hoped he would see me, see me gently wave and smile at him. My hope was realised when he lifted his head and looked my way, waving too. I waved goodbye, quietly wished his pain, tears and hurt can be washed away, quietly wished that he could forget me so that he will no longer hurt, no longer cry. All anyone ever wants is to be loved, to be wish someone who brings happiness and lightness into our lives.

Quickly I disappeared into the metro, so I do not have to cry...




No comments: