24 January 2012

rough night

There were haunting, disturbingly haunting images of mum flashing across my mind behind I sudden awoke... I shuddered.

3am, and I was woken up as much by the images as by mum's coughing.

For a few days in a row, she's been sleeping badly, or barely at all. Her appetite has also declined dramatically. A plate of vegetables, and she would only eat a spoonful or two. And during the day, she sits there in her chair, and just stares out into nothingness...

Depression? Lost the will to fight and continue living, as she told me before? It troubles me deeply, in my waking and sleeping moments, in my thoughts and prayers, in my silent cries for help to anyone, even to "God", even though I have never appealed to him before. So desperate I have become, so desperate I seem willing to cling onto anything, any one, for help...

I have never seen her like this, ever. And there is so little I can do to motivate her, encourage her, or make her feel better, because everything is answered with: "I'm too tired... Too tired"

Me too. I am too tired...

No comments: