02 January 2012

Plan

Plan

Again my mind is hatching a plan, a devious but special one. Soon it'll be the one year wedding anniversary of my brother and sister-in-law. And I'd like to give them something very special.

They've not really had a honeymoon since they got married because of circumstances. So what better gift than a trip?

Eva Air recently unveiled its second generation of Hello Kitty jets with flights to Japan (and to South Korea, Hong Kong and  Guam). As my sister-in-law is a diehard Hello Kitty fan, and my brother has never been to tokyo, I thought it would be great anniversary gift. So I approached my sister-in-law's brother (whom I suspect is a homosexual...) and proposed the idea. He thought it is great and we'll figure something out with regard to the logistics, especially how to keep it a surprise and how to arrange for a baby-sitter for a few days...




I'm surprised I can even think of this kind of pleasant surprises with what I am facing almost constantly at the hospital. Or perhaps it is because of the difficulties and unpleasantness of what I am facing that I am devising 'pleasant' things to distract my mine...?

I'm imagining their surprise when they are handed the plane tickets... I'm imagining my sister-in-lwa's excitement as she boards the exclusive Hello Kitty plane (all the decor, the seats, the personal entertainment system, the plates an cutlery are all marked with Hello Kitty!!)... I'm imagining them having some quality alone and relief time together, perhaps the first real opportunity since my nephew was born...

Another mission to be completed, another pleasant surprise to spring upon someone close. How great if it all works out!

No comments: