20 October 2011

Following a dream

I was supposed to fly yesterday, but I postponed my flight  by a few days.

Over the two years or so, mum often spoke of visiting the east coast of the island. In the city of Hualien is a Christian Mennonite charity which, among other things, delivers food daily to less elderly people in need who live in remote areas. Mum has regularly donated to this charity, and I remember one day she said to me she'd very much like to see what it is that they do. "I want to leave  something behind when I leave..." she said.

So the other day I called te charity and made arrangements to go on a "food round" with them in the afternoon. "It's a wish from my mum's heart," I said to the gentleman on the other side of the phone. He understood what I meant, and said he'd do everything to accommodate us.

There are somethings I know mum will not do when I'm not around. Partly because she doesn't want to travel alone, partly because of her condition now and the reoccurring pains. And somethings, if not done, will probably never ever be done. How sad and unfortunate is that?

Now it seems, mum and I are going to do something together she's been wanting to do, but didnt have the opportunity to do yet.

How beautiful this is...

No comments: