21 October 2011

Breakfast place

21 Oct

At the breakfast place

I enjoy talking strangers, especially in the countryside. It's  something rarely done in big cities, where I've grown up and live. And if I had the opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate too much about moving to the countryside.

As I was buying food at a breakfast place, the owner began to engage in conversation, asking me where I'm from, what I do. 

"Oh, Taipei! It's so busy there..." she commented, "I can't keep up with the pace of walking there. Why is everyone always in a hurry?" 

I wonder that myself sometimes, and being in the city, I find myself also quickening my pace and losing patience easier.

It is never a conversation if the topic of whether I'm married or have a girlfriend is not mentioned. I smiled and said I'm single. 

"How's that possible? You're so handsome!" she wasn't trying to hit on me. She was probably in her late forties. "You know, girls here are probably not as sophisticated as in the city, but they're simple and pure at heart."

I smiled at the description. I too look for a simple things in life,  and kindness and genuineness  in a person. I don't need to be impressed by the latest fashion or trends, gadgets or luxury. Just as long as there is love and kindness, mutual respect and trust, that is enough. People may look at me, look at my life till now and how I seem to be living the glamourously "high" life flying around so much, but really I'd be more settled when I'm settled and in one place, doing what I enjoy and being with someone I could open up to and be intimate with. Someone simple and pure at heart.

 And who's a guy. 

  

No comments: