17 June 2011

Mum's sleeping already, snoring a little. When we get up in the morning, we'll be on our way to the train station to catch the special train through the Rockies.

Yet, Mum's condition has me on edge, as it does not seem to be any better. I came home from dinner with a friend, and found her already in bed. Her voice has somehow gotten even coarser and less pronounced than before, and she can hardly speak. I told her to stop taking this herbal supplement yesterday, a liquid drink that gives her more energy and is supposed to suppress the growth of the tumour, because she tends to cough and (want to) throw up after taking it, so it's not good for her healing throat. But today, noticeably, her energy lwvel has deteriorated and she napped a while in the afternoon, even though we hadn't done much this morning. And at times I notice her grabbing her left arm, stroking it as if to soothe it. She says it's nothing, but I fear that perhaps her sores and numbness has again returned, which is a bad sign...

I really hope her health will take a turn for the better as we embark on this trip through the mountains. We've come so far, and are so close to making it...

Please, as I prayed before those deities before I left home, may mum's health slowly recover, and may the beauty and scenery of nature touch her, and heal her in little ways...

No comments: