16 June 2011

Day before the big trip

It's the morning before the big trip. Mum's health condition does not seem to be any better, and that worries me greatly. Perhaps I should be glad that it's not gotten worse, but my aunt, who has been a nurse all her career, whispered to me quietly this morning and said mum did not look too good.

Hopefully, when we are on that train tomorrow, as we wind our way through the Rockies, the beauty and scenery will make mum forget... About her sores, her tiredness, her weak health... But her thraot still aches, her voice is still coarse and very dry, and i feel she is still not eating enough, which may be hampering her recovery.

I should be happy, a friend told me, that we've gotten this far and are finally making the trip we've both been looking forward to. But deep down, I feel a sense of growing concern about her wellbeing. And it is tiring to be constantly watching over her wellbeing, especially when we're traveling and don't have the comforts and luxury of being at home, where we can eat better and rest more.

One thing at a time, but I'll be glad when we're settled down.

No comments: